This simple homemade recipe is TO DIE FOR! The butter makes these biscuits soft and moist on the inside, with a flaky crust on the outside. Add a little jam or jelly, and you’ve got heaven.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Next, add the buttermilk and mix all of the ingredients together until a moist dough is formed.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, and then pour it into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish (make sure that your pan is not too small or shallow so that the butter doesn’t drip out of the pan while it’s baking).
- Place the dough right on top of the melted butter and use a spatula to spread it evenly across the pan until it touches the sides.
- Cut the unbaked dough (it should be swimming in butter at this point) into 9 evenish squares.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These biscuits are the perfect companion to any meal. I prefer to eat them with raspberry jam.